The following is courtesy of AllRecipes.com
- Send invitations stamped with a seaside theme: mermaids, shells, dolphins, pirates, etc.
- Decorate your desserts with mini paper umbrellas.
- Fill plastic beach buckets with fun party favors like goldfish crackers, paper fans, and digging toys.
- Decorate inexpensive flip-flops and straw hats with small shells.
- Hot glue fake flowers on bathing caps.
- Float a couple dozen rubber duckies in the pool.
Pool Party Pointers
- As the temperature soars, keep all prepared food properly chilled. Large disposable aluminum baking pans make great ice beds for bowls and platters.
- Stock extra towels, goggles, sunblock, insect repellant, ponytail bands, beach balls, foam noodles, squirt toys, etc.
- Supply plastic bags to tote wet things home.
- Glassware is a big poolside no-no; use unbreakable cups instead.